What work is performed by this department?
- Responsible for all patient medical records.
- Retrieve and store medical records in patient file, on microfilm or on CD ROM.
- Handle the release of all personal health information and protect confidentiality of all personal health information per Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
- Transcribe medical reports
- Handle information requests from outside sources, physicians, insurance companies, etc.
- Analyze charts for completion.
- Review charts for accuracy.
- Code diagnoses for statistics and insurance purposes.
- Run statistical reports.
- Library services- doctor�s library and subscription.
- Library searches through the Internet Health Services.
- Cancer registry.
- Some Performance Improvement studies for various departments and medical staff.
- Oversee Medical Staff and Allied Health Credentialing (Department Director).
- Department Director is also Privacy Officer and oversees HIPAA.